today’s a big day. the auditionhacker academy and robknopper.com are about to take another big step forward.
and i want YOU to be a part of it.
i’m hiring a video editor and an assistant.
i’m looking for people who are smart, creative, and who want to team up with me to change the world of music education.
why it's an awesome job:
- you'll have flexibility and the freedom to work from wherever
- i live in new york, but you don’t have to. we can talk over skype and google hangouts.
- both positions are part-time, so you can be in school or freelancing or chilling on an island somewhere (with great wifi).
- you'll learn essential skills about how a professional classical music education website operates.
- you'll help change the world of percussion and music education. i mean... we're inventing the future here. really.
- we’re also making an impact on every single person who visits our site. maybe it’s a fleeting moment of inspiration, or maybe it changes their life. either way, it’s important work.
we’ve already done some incredible things here at robknopper.com:
in our two and a half years of existence, the auditionhacker academy has reached a series of incredible milestones:
- we launched the first online audition preparation course the world has ever seen and enrolled hundreds of students
- we grew our email list to 9,000 people in 8 short months.
- we started a new youtube channel last year and have already grown it to 3700 subscribers.
- we get messages like this all the time!
we’ve posted 80 blogs, performed live trainings, managed multiple websites, and we recorded and self-published an album.
the mission of robknopper.com
the mission of robknopper.com is to teach keen and motivated musicians how to overcome their struggles and achieve their dream life: a successful career in music.
we stock the interwebs with captivating and ultra high quality educational content so that every innocent web-surfing experience can lead to a musical breakthrough for students in every corner of the world.
who i’m looking for:
on team auditionhacker, we run a WHOLE bunch of platforms.
how it works is that first i have a teaching idea, then i talk at the camera, and then i hand it off to my team. you'll join the team that helps me to bring those ideas to students in many different places and formats.
i need a video editor with a percussion background to help me edit videos for youtube, instagram, facebook, and twitter.
and i need an assistant who will help with a wide range of various (mostly online) activities.
for both positions, i'm looking for someone who:
- isn't afraid of technology,
- is willing to learn how to do new things,
- can handle deadlines and stress,
- has great attention to detail,
- is on instagram, facebook, and twitter,
- is super fluent in american english slang (and can speak in the auditionhacker tone and style),
- works well with others,
- is highly organized and moves quickly,
- can recognize when they can’t do something,
- loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly,
- can handle direct & blunt feedback…. and doesn’t need to be coddled, and
- is willing to watch or listen to training resources and implement them.
it’s important for whoever i hire to also be on a mission. my mission is to impact students all over the world and clear the way for them to practice and win a job. it’s to fundamentally change the way that teachers teach and students learn.
what kind of video editor?
i need someone who's passionate about finding new ways to help students learn about percussion and auditions.
the way a video should be designed for youtube is different from how it can work for instagram when someone is blankly scrolling through their feed.
if you're experimental, if you're curious about how a post might do, and if you're fascinated with the quest of finding the best way to help students, this is the right job for you.
if you think that the percussion education industry CAN DO BETTER to provide video resources for students, let's make that happen.
i'm looking for someone who...
- has made videos in some capacity before,
- wants to experiment with all the new video-making apps,
- has basic graphic design skills,
- has some aesthetic sense,
- keeps up with new trends in instagram, youtube, facebook, and twitter videos,
- has a percussion background, and
- follows the major percussion education and gear company accounts.
what kind of assistant?
since i'm working a full time job AND running a website, i need you to help me with a wide range of other stuff.
one thing is to manage our community of thousands of students on social media, through email, in youtube comments, and anywhere else.
i need you to make our students happy! help them with what they're looking for. sometimes you'll direct them to me, and sometimes you'll protect me from them. (i think you know what i mean. 😂)
another thing is to figure out some of the more technical online software that we use, including basic coding. i'm scared of it! i need you to figure it out until it's right.
you'll keep us organized. you'll communicate with classical music celebrities when we're doing collaborations. you'll watch videos, transcribe audio notes, and keep our schedule.
you'll remind me when i forget something, you'll spell check emails, and you'll do totally random things that come up.
i'll need you to do at least a little work almost EVERY DAY, and sometimes a bunch of work.
if you’re thinking, “boy, that sounds pretty cool. but i have no idea how to do any of that online stuff.” no problem!
i’m totally fine with training you to do this. but i want someone who’s on social media already, so that you understand the world we’re working in. i’d also prefer that you’ve taken an interest at some point in technology, online education, business, or arts administration in some way. if you’ve ever made a basic website, that totally counts!
these positions are not for someone who:
has too much going on all the time to focus and do quality work,
- just wants to play in an orchestra and wants a little cash on the side. nooooooope.
who you'll be working with:
we already have two incredible people on the auditionhacker team. meet them:
collin findlay, executive assistant
his website: http://collinfindlay.com
adam tan, youtube video producer
his website: https://www.adamtanpercussion.com